Green Peas and Coriander Soup
- 2 cups green peas, fresh
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- ¼ tsp clove powder
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- dash of olive oil
- Heat butter or olive oil in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Add coriander and green peas. Sauté and let them cook for 10 minutes.
- Add stock, salt, pepper and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Simmer until the green peas turn soft.
- Cool for 5 minutes and pour the broth to a blender for blending (you may use a hand blender too).
- Pour back the pureed soup to the saucepan and heat again. Add warm water and bring to boil.
- Stir constantly for 5 minutes and add clove powder. Remove from heat.
Serve the gorgeous green soup with a garnish of roasted sesame seeds and a healthy dash of olive oil.
[This story and recipe is exclusive to FoodeMag dxb]