Carrot and Orange Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 80 gms butter, slightly salted
- ½ cup sugar, powdered
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¾ cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp orange rind, grated
- 2 tbsp candied orange
- 25 raisins
- cream cheese for frosting, optional
- Preheat the oven to 170º C.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder.
- Combine the butter with powdered sugar in a mixing bowl or a stand mixer.
- Add grated carrot, yogurt and orange juice and blend until light and smooth.
- Add flour gradually and mix it with hand beater. Blend well until smooth.
- Add raisins, candied orange and pour the batter in a 6 inch round mould.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 5-6 minutes before transferring on to a wire rack.
Once cooled, make an icing of cream cheese frosting. Slice and serve.
[This story and recipe is exclusive to FoodeMag dxb]