By FoodeMag dxb:
Chef Silvena Rowe recently relaunched Omnia Baharat as Omnia Baharat Indian Kitchen with the introduction of exciting Indian street food. The Chef and her team highly recommend the following dishes :
Starters – Popping Hummus, a Middle Eastern favorite with a twist – creamy velvety hummus sprinkled with popping crystals that go pop with every bite; Onion and Spinach Pakora, fritters made with a combination of onions and spinach dipped in chickpea batter, fried to a crisp; Chicken Wrap n Roll, tender grilled chicken breast, marinated in tandoori masala and then grilled to perfection served along with achaar, green chutney, yogurt and salad vegetables; the Bombay Burgers, the original vada pav sandwich… flavored patties of spiced potato, fried in a chickpea batter, topped with authentic Mumbai green chutney, terminated sauce, sandwiched between two fluffy Indian bread roll. Papdi Chaat, crisp papdi topped with chickpea, potato and sev, drizzled with terminated chutney, yogurt and a pinch of chaat masala.
Mains, do for the signature King Grill, a selection of paneer, Lamb Kebab, chicken tikka and vegetable skewer served along with biryani rice, salad vegetables, mixed achar and sauces; Laham Dum Biriynai, tender pieces of mutton slow cooked with long-grained basmati rice along with Omnia classic biriyani spices and sealed with bread dough and baked; Shahi Paneer Tikka, soft pieces of paneer marinated in tandoori masala served with achaar, green chutney and a side of fresh green vegetables; Masala Prawn Curry, a flavored curry with succulent pieces of prawns cooked with classic Omnia spices and rich tomato masala gravy (also one of Silvena’s favorites – watch the above video where she maintains with absolute confidence, Silvana style, that this Malabar Prawn Curry is better than the one she has tasted in Kerala… and we aren’t complaining!).
No traditional Indian meal is complete without Desserts, and the menu has some specially created desserts – like the Golden Sphere, hollowed Candy golden bowl filled with dark chocolate and cardamom mousse sprinkled with lime zest and served with vanilla ice-cream and mojito cloud and the Gulab Jamun, an Omnia style classic gulab served with cardamom ice-cream, garnished with raspberry popping cookie crumble and cardamom cloud.
We had a tasting of the menu before the summers and while it was still going through it’s initial testing phase and didn’t have much of those mentioned above, we loved the Popping Hummus and the Chicken Wrap n Roll.
Do pop by if you are at Vox Cinemas or MOE and let us know what you think of Omnia Baharat Indian Kitchen’s menu!
We are very excited to announce our latest competition – two dinner giveaways for four people at Omnia Baharat Indian Kitchen… All entries must be made online though the rafflecopter widget placed below in this page.
Experience the taste of India this Diwali by sharing a sweet memory from your childhood. Tag three of your friends or members of your family to win this Diwali treat… for a chance to win two dinner giveaways for four people at Omnia Baharat Indian Kitchen!
*Terms & Conditions:
- The competition is organized by FoodeMag dxb.
- By taking part in this competition you will be deemed to accept its conditions.
- All entries must be made online though the rafflecopter widget placed below in this page.
- You can participate only once and adhere to all the rules for each entry.
- The competition starts on Wednesday 11th of October 2017 and closes at midnight on Sunday 15th of October 2017.
- The winner will be selected by the randomiser under www.rafflecopter.com. Social media sharing increases your chances of winning (please share via the rafflecopter widget).
- The winner will be announced on Monday 16th of October 2017.
- The winner will be notified by email and each winner can bring three more guests.
- FoodeMag dxb and/or Omnia Baharat Indian Kitchen may publish images from the event on their websites and/or social media channels, so please inform the organisers beforehand if you don’t want to be included.
- The giveaway entails two winners an exclusive tasting menu for four people. The winner must avail the giveaway over the Diwali weekend from 19th/20th/21st October 2017. Confirmation of the reservation is based on availability.
This competition is brought to you by Omnia Baharat Indian Kitchen.
Do share and keep visiting our Facebook page for further updates on upcoming competitions.