By Team FoodeMag: Silvena Rowe, celebrity chef and the founder of Omnia, was the Guest Speaker for our second #bringbackbalance event Retreat N Relax that concluded earlier at the desert retreat Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa. A health aficionado, Silvena has a huge following on Instagram where she shares her enthusiasm for health and fitness by educating people on healthy eating habits that focuses a lot on raw food and fresh sourcing of ingredients. She is a self confessed lover of the superfood – chia seeds & shares a signature recipe from her restaurant Omnia.
Do watch her video of her talk on the day of our event – it gives us an interesting insight into her thoughts on health and nutrition.
Omnia Iconic Chia
- 2 cups unsweetened homemade almond milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- seasonal fruits (Chef Silvena Rowe uses blueberries, strawberries, banana, kiwis, mangoes and raspberries)
- 1 tsp honey bee pollen
- desiccated coconut for sprinkling
- 3 tbsp of berry coconut yogurt
- Combine almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla and honey in a bowl and mix well until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Store covered in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, stir well before serving on a plate with the berry coconut yogurt on the side.
- Top with fresh fruit and sprinkle the coconut.
- Sprinkle with the honey bee pollen and serve!
[Recipe and image reproduced with permission from Chef Silvena Rowe as a part of our #BringBackBalance, a FoodeMag campaign in collaboration with Oman Insurance Company (OIC) and Bupa Global. A series of bespoke events follow at various venues for the next few months, the first one kick started at Tesoro, Taj Dubai while the second one took place at Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa.]
Recipes from Chef Silvena Rowe