By Team FoodeMag: Every day calls for a celebration of mothers around the world, and designating one day of the year to that special woman doesn’t do justice to the persona that she is. But dedicating a day in honour of a special person or occasion does force us to take a moment and focus our attention to that person or the occasion and that is really a wonderful thing. We are taking this opportunity to call all the Chefs in the UAE this Mother’s Day to salute the real chef who probably initiated you into cooking – your Mama! Is there a recipe in your restaurant menu which you have learnt from your mama? Share with us and join the FoodeMag Mother of Chef Competition 2017!
While Mother’s Day is celebrated on 21st March in many countries around our MENA region – Bahrain, Comoros, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, the U.A.E and others, celebration continues across the week with the UK and a few other countries dedicating 26th March to mark this occasion.
The winning chef and the restaurant gets a special FoodeMag coverage worth AED 35,000/-
- two page coverage of the restaurant in the Special Ramadan Edition of the FoodeMag
- video of the chef and the dish in the making
- winning recipe and three signature recipes from the restaurant to be shared in the Special Ramadan Edition of the FoodeMag
- organise and run a competition and creative campaign for an #Eatup event with FoodeMag readers FOC*
- social media shout out of the chef and the restaurant
- a special gift for your mama – to be revealed later!
*The winning restaurant to host the event upto 20 readers
The winning voter gets to win a family dining experience in one of Dubai’s finest restaurants
How to enter the competition
Chefs, email your recipe(s) to email@example.com along with the following
- your thoughts about the recipe(s) and the memories associated with your mother revolving the recipe
- a high-resolution image(s) of the recipe(s)
- proof that your recipe(s) has/have been a part of the menu in your restaurant or the restaurant that you work for (recipe should have been added officially to the restaurant menu before the 15th March 2017)
Terms & Conditions:
- These conditions apply to the culinary competition (the competition) organized as a part of FoodeMag’s Year of Giving initiative.
- Only Chefs working in a restaurant based in the UAE (irrespective of the size of the restaurant) can apply for this competition.
- By taking part in this competition you will be deemed to accept its conditions.
- All entries must be made via email.
- All entries must include the submission of one photo, a recipe, and a story connected with the recipe.
- You can participate as many times as you wish as long as you complete the rules for each entry.
- The winner will be selected by a panel of judges which include the editorial team and a selected jury. Social media sharing will be appreciated.
- Send in your applications by 15th April 2017, 9pm.
- The FoodeMag editorial panel along with a selected jury will shortlist 10 winning recipes which will then go through public voting to select the winning chef and his recipe.
- The final winner will be announced on 30th April 2017, 9pm.
- The decision of the panel and the jury is final.
- By submitting your recipe you declare that you are the author and agree that FoodeMag dxb may publish the submitted recipe and the image on their websites and/or social media channels.